The Sexton's House at Oconee Hill Cemetery
The Sexton's House is available for rental by families and friends in conjunction with funeral services. The historic furnishings with dining room and parlors provide a comfortable and beautiful setting where people can gather. Recently, the board of the Friends has made the house available for rental by the public for small and medium-size events. For more information, contact us at 706.543.6262 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Victorian house and its welcoming porch offer a tranquil gathering place for families and friends to share the legacy of ones they have loved and will remember.
The Sexton's House was acquired by the trustees of Oconee Hill Cemetery in 1892 from the adjoining Athens Manufacturing Company. It served as the cemetery's sexton's residence for the next 90 years and was beautifully restored in 2007 by the Friends of Oconee Hill Cemetery. This house is available for use by families in conjunction with funeral services. It may be used for a reception, memorial service, or gathering place for friends and relatives.
The main area of the house consists of four rooms with a large center connecting hall, known as a Georgian cottage design. A wing contains men's and women's restrooms as well as a catering kitchen. Large front and rear porches provide additional reception space. All areas, except for the kitchen, are wheelchair accessible.
The interior of the Sexton's House.